Welcome to JK study material, In this post we will give information about UG 1st 2nd Sem Admissions For Academic Session 2022 as Per New Education Policy, Check Here
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL, GOVT. DEGREE COLLEGE BARAMULLA (Autonomous)
It is notified for the information of all concerned that the College is offering admission to various UG Programmes for academic session 2022 as per National Education Policy -2020.
Admission seekers will apply for admission in online mode and shall mention his/her subject preferences. A student will be granted admission purely on the basis of the student’s position in merit list and as per intake capacity of the subject.
The students admitted in the particular subject after going through stage 1, shall attend an offline counseling for selection of other required subjects viz, DCE-2 (subject-2), Open elective, Skill, Ability Enhancement and Value-Added programmes etc. available in the college, pertaining to the programme of study.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES:
Availability of online application forms on College Website 10-06-2022 Closure date for submission of online Application form 20-06-2022 Submission of Hard Copy of Application form along with certificates with the admission section of the College Up to 21-06-2022
Issuance of Selection List and selection of other required subjects Shall be notified separately.
DETAILED SELECTION PROCESS
1. Selection to a Course/subject shall be purely based on merit and priority set by the applicant in a seat float mechanism. As such applicants are advised to choose more than one subject/course for securing admission.
2. Selection to a preferred Course/subject shall be carried out on merit basis and in case an aspirant’s merit falls below the prioritized choice, the applicant shall be considered for the next choice/option set by the applicant. This downward progression will terminate at the last chosen option/choice.
3. If an applicant does not find his/her name in the merit lists of the chosen priorities of subject/course it indicates that the cut-off merit in the prioritized subjects is higher than the applicant.
4. If an applicant is selected at priority number 1 (set by the applicant), the subsequent choices for selection for that applicant shall not be considered. Similarly, there shall be no change in the subject/course of the aspirant in descending order of the priorities.
5. Vacancy based upward progression towards priority number 1 of the applicant shall be carried out automatically till fill up of the intake and/ or till closure of the admission process.
DETAILED ADMISSION PROCESS
Aspirants have to visit the College Website http://www.admissions.baramullacollege.net .
1. The aspirants have to fill the online registration form, fill in the required information and ensure to make selection of subject/course carefully and set priority as per the number of choices for which student intends to seek admission. Aspirants can prioritize as many choices as desired based one ligibility.
2. Aspirants need to upload a Recent Passport size photograph (Max 1 MB with white Background) with an online application form.
3. A non-refundable processing fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) will have to be deposited by the Applicant against cash receipt.
4. Aspirants must download the submitted registration form along with the payment receipt. The hardcopy of the Registration form, fee-paid receipt & self-attested copy of Date of Birth (10th Class), 12th Marks and category certificate (If any) with the admission section of the College within the timeline. Mere submission of an online registration form, without submitting the hardcopies with the college admission section will render the application invalid.
5. The merit list will be prepared in the following manner:
a. On the basis of 12th Class Marks obtained by an applicant.
b. In case of clash of merit at Class 12th the student with higher merit in the concerned subject will be placed higher in the merit list.
c. In case of clash of merit under point a and b, the student with higher merit in class 10th will be placed higher in the merit list.
d.In case of clash in merit under points a, b and c, the student with higher date of birth (DOB) i.e., elder one will be placed higher in the merit list.
6. Aspirants figuring in the selection list will have to complete the admission formalities within the stipulated time from the date of issuance of merit list. Failure to complete the admission formalities will result in forfeiture of the seat for the Programme and the same shall be offered to the next applicant as per merit.
7. Reservation policy is applicable as per the reservation policy of the UT of J&K.
8. In case of any information found being false, forged, incomplete or incorrect the selection of the applicant shall be canceled/ terminated at any stage without any notice.
9. No claim for admission on the basis of under-process certificates of reserved category etc. (in the office of competent authority) shall be entertained.
10. Detailed Counseling notification for selected Applicants shall be issued separately on the College Website.
11. Selected Applicants for counseling will have to report for counseling as per the notified schedule only.
12. Failure on the part of a selected Applicant to report for counseling or not completing the steps as notified in the counseling procedure shall forfeit their claim for admission. The offer of counseling/admission shall stand canceled and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Since National Regulatory Authority (UGC) is in the process of issuance of final guidelines
and curriculum framework, as such amendments (if any) communicated by the UGC/under final guidelines shall be adopted by the College, which may modify/alter/re-structure the programme and such amendments (if any) shall be binding on all the selected Applicants.