Postpone NEET UG 2022: Medical aspirants across the country have been demanding postponement of NEET-UG 2022 for at least 40 days. They have cited several reasons including the clash of the NEET exam schedule with CUET.
The demand for postponing the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) continues to grow as students from various states have now knocked on the Delhi High Court’s door, seeking the deferment of the medical entrance exam.
Apart from NEET postponement, the plea filed in Delhi HC by advocate Mamata Sharma also sought an extra attempt at the NEET-UG2022 exam.
The court is expected to take up the matter for an urgent hearing tomorrow. Further details on the petition are awaited. For the unversed, the NEET-UG 2022 is scheduled to be conducted on July 17, the admit cards for which were released yesterday at neet.nta.nic.in.
NEET-UG 2022: What Are Students Demanding?
- Medical aspirants across the country have been demanding postponement of NEET-UG 2022 for at least 40 days. They have cited several reasons including the clash of the NEET exam schedule with CUET.
- Heavy rains & flood is going to cost NEET-UG2022 aspirants career. 15-20 days of postponement can be helpful, students tweeted.
- “We want only 30-40 days. It’s not big-time which they can’t give us. Plz, listen to us don’t ignore us like we are the future and you destroy our future. Why. what we have done to you. plzz postponed neet ug lakhs of student want this everyone wants postponed neet”, Sheelu Yadav, a NEET-UG aspirant said.
- As the counselling for NEET-UG 2021 ended in May, students claimed they want more time for preparation since NEET-UG 2022 is scheduled for July 17.
- Students also stated that they have only 1 month to prepare for NEET-UG as the CBSE 12th board exams ended in June.
NEET-UG 2022: 19-Page Memorandum Submitted to Education Ministry
Earlier, students had also sent a memorandum the Education Ministry to intensify their demands. In the 19-page memorandum, students asserted that the preparation time has been less than 100 days since the release of the official NEET UG 2022 notification back on April 6, 2022.
They also claimed that the notification was contrary to the usual pattern where aspirants are notified at least 5 months in advance from the date of exam. The agitating students said they have been left stressed and anxious due to inadequate preparation time.