Welcome to JK Study Material, In this post we will give you Complete information about Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material
Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material
Check Syallabus first
PLANT-WATER RELATIONS AND TRANSPORT (Lectures-16)
1. Plant Water Relations: water potential and its components; Transpiration and its significance; Factors affecting transpiration; Ascent of Sap, Pressure flow model; Phloem loading and unloading.
2. Mineral nutrition: Essential elements, macro and micronutrients; Criteria of essentiality of elements; Role of essential elements; Transport of ions across cell membrane, active and passive transport.
UNIT II: PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND RESPIRATION (Lectures-16)
1. Photosynthesis: Photosynthetic Pigments (Chl-a, Chl-b, xanthophylls, carotene); light harvest complexes, Photosystem I and II, Electron transport and mechanism of ATP synthesis; C3, C4 and CAM pathways of carbon fixation; Photorespiration.
2. Respiration: Glycolysis, anaerobic respiration, TCA cycle; Electron Transport system and Oxidative phosphorylation.
UNIT III: ENZYMES AND NITROGEN METABOLISM (Lectures-14)
1. Enzymes: Structure, Classification and properties; Mechanism of enzyme action and enzyme inhibition.
2. Nitrogen metabolism: concept of symbiotic and asymbiotic associations, Biologicalnitrogen fixation; Nitrate and ammonia assimilation.
UNIT IV: PLANT GROWTH AND RESPONSE (Lectures-14)
1. Plant growth regulators: Discovery and physiological roles of auxins, gibberellins cytokinins, ABA and ethylene.
2. Plant response to light and temperature:Photoperiodism (SDPs, LDPs, Day neutral plants); Phytochrome (discovery and structure), red Downloaded light responses on photomorphogenesis; Verbalization.
Thank you for visiting JK Study Material, after reading this post “Kashmir University 4th Semester Botany Study Material” if you have any doubt or any question don’t hesitate to comment below, we will try to answer all the comments.