Welcome to JK STUDY MATERIAL, In this Post We will Share With You JKBOSE Class 10th English Syllabus Annual Regular.
For All Study Material Of JKBOSE Class 8th 9th 10th 11th & 12th All Subjects Join Our WhatsApp Group.
JKBOSE CLASS 10TH ENGLISH SYLLABUS
|Name of the Board||Jammu & Kashmir Board of School Education|
|Name of the Class||10th class|
|Zone||Summer Zone/Winter Zone|
|Division||Jammu & Kashmir Division|
In This Post You can Download JKBOSE CLass 10th English Syllabus in Bot Text amd Image Format, Soon we will provide all the study Material of JKBOSE Class 10th.
JKBOSE English Syllabus Class 10th
Design of Assessment for Class X
Theory Paper= 80 Marks Internal Assessment= 20 Marks.
Tulip Series Book – X, A Textbook of English for Class X Time=3 hrs.
Reading Comprehension 15 Marks
1. One seen poem to be attempted from the prescribed textbook followed by vsat, fill ups and
matching words and expressions, literary device/s, etc. 1x 5 = 5 Marks
2. One seen passage from the prescribed textbook to be attempted based on objective type,
comprehension questions, one word substitution, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms and
inference. 1×5= 5 Marks
3. One unseen passage to be attempted followed by objective type, comprehension questions,
providing suitable title to the passage, one word substitution, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms
and inference 1x 5 = 5 Marks
Grammar 15 Marks
Following questions to be attempted based on applied grammar
4. Modals 2 Marks
5. Articles 2 Marks
6. Relative Clause 3 Marks
7. Narration 3 Marks
8. One contextualized passage/ story/ paragraph to be edited testing the use of tenses, punctuation, articles and
different parts of speech etc. 5 Marks
Writing Skills 20 Marks
9. Completing Dialogue writing with the help of hints 3 Marks
10. One question to be attempted on notice writing with the help of hints. (50 words) 3 Marks
11.One question to be attempted on message writing with the help of hints (50words) 4 Marks
12. One letter to be attempted out of the given two (formal, informal and letter to an editor) 5Marks
13. One speech/ article /paragraph to be attempted on a given topic out of two. The hint words will be
given. (80 -100 words) 5 Marks
Literature 30 Marks
14. Three out of five Very Short Answer Type questions based on theme, central idea, literary devices, etc. to
be attempted from the poems. (20 -30) words 3×2= 6 Marks
15. Four out of six Short Answer Type questions to be attempted from the chapters of the textbook. (40-60)
words 3×4= 12 Marks
16. One out of two Long Answer Type questions to be attempted from the play based on character/ scene/
theme/ plot, etc. (80-100) words 1×6=6 Marks
17. One out of three Long Answer Type questions to be attempted from the short story. (80-100) words
- The students must read the textbook thoroughly.
- The examiner will not ask very short questions from a poem in Literature Section if the poem or
the extract has been asked in the Reading Comprehension.
- The examiner will not ask short type questions in Literature Section from a chapter if the seen
passage from the prescribed textbook has been asked in Reading Comprehension.
- The chapter ‘The Ghat of the Only World’ will not be evaluated in the examinations.
Internal Assessment 20 Marks
- The guidelines to evaluate the listening and speaking skills have been given in the objectives of teaching
English at secondary level.
The practice of listening and speaking skills should be done throughout the academic year.
- The final assessment of the skills is to be done as per the convenience and schedule of the
Suggested Reading in Grammar
For grammar, teachers and students can refer to any standard grammar textbook for further
reading and clarification of concepts.
Some of the books include:
- A Practical English Grammar by Thomson and Martinet (Oxford University Press)
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin (S Chand Publishing)
- English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy (Cambridge University Press)